Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 slices of good bread, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cooked baby shrimp, peeled and chilled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or crème fraîche, chilled
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 6 ounces salmon roe or lumpfish roe
- lemon slices and additional dill to garnish
Cut the crusts from the bread. Spread butter of both sides and fry the toast in a skillet over medium heat (or better yet, over a backyard grill) until toasted, flipping once. Remove from the pan and cut each piece in half diagonally.
Gently fold together the baby shrimp, mayonnaise, sour cream, and chopped dill; spoon the mixture on the toast points.
Top each toast with a teaspoon of salmon roe. Garnish with lemon slices and additional dill and serve.
Per Serving: Calories 183, Calories from Fat 76, Total Fat 8.4g 13%, Saturated Fat 2.8g 14%, Cholesterol 308mg 103%, Sodium 687mg 29%, Total Carbohydrates 8.4g 3%, Sugars 2.2g, Protein 20.6g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%
Please follow me as I explore the latest trends and developments in the exciting New Nordic Cooking Movement on Twitter ~ Friend me and let's share favorite Scandinavian recipes and cooking tips on Facebook!