Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried apples, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or currents
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, finely chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp. pearl tapioca
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1 cup fruit juice (apple or cranberry or lingonberry, if you can get it)
Bring water to a steady boil. Stir in dried fruit, pearl tapioca, cinnamon stick, and star anise, reduce heat to medium, and maintain at a low simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in fruit juice and heat for a final 5 minutes. Remove cinnamon and star anise.
Sweet soup can be served either warm or cold, as a dessert or snack or breakfast selection.
Quick Tip: Use homemade cookie "floaters" for a sweet finishing touch to this lovely soup.
Yield: 8 servings of Scandinavian Sweet Soup.