Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups leftover rice porridge (it should be thick, not watery)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup raisins or currants
- sugar, cinnamon-sugar, or maple syrup
Mash leftover rice porridge well with potato masher to break up any lumps. Whisk together the milk and the egg, then gradually stir liquid into rice porridge.
Sift together flour, baking powder, cardamom (or cinnamon), and sugar. Stir, in half-cup additions, into batter. Mix in melted butter until well-incorporated, then fold in raisins.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle or lightly greased frying pan. Fry over medium-high heat until brown, turning once. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon-sugar, or maple syrup and serve warm.
Yield: 15-20 rice porridge pancakes, depending upon size.