Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup superfine (Baker’s) sugar
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. flavoring of your choice (vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon extract, rum extract)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla or lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp. superfine (Baker’s) sugar
- 1/2 finely chopped strawberries (fresh is best, but you can use frozen)
- Whole strawberries for garnish
Use the first 5 ingredients to bake the basic Sandbakkels cookie recipe, using either vanilla or lemon extract for your flavoring. Allow tarts to cool completely.
Prior to serving, stir together whipping cream, vanilla or lemon extract, sugar, and chopped strawberries. Whip mixture until stiff peaks form.
Spoon whipped strawberry cream into the inverted cookies. Garnish with sliced strawberries. Serve immediately if possible; can be refrigerated for up to 5 hours.
Yield: 15-20 filled tarts.