Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 24 oz. bag cauliflower florets (or 1 cauliflower, cleaned and separated into florets)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup mixed sweet peppers (red, orange, yellow), finely chopped
- 1 pound pre-cooked shrimp or small "fancy" / bay shrimp
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or fish stock
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
Steam cauliflower florets in the microwave or on the stove until tender.
Meanwhile, sauté garlic and peppers in a large frying pan over medium heat until the peppers begin to soften. Stir in the shrimp and curry powder; remove from heat.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepot, then whisk in the flour to make a roux; heat just until the roux is a light golden color. Gradually stir in vegetable broth and milk, whisking continually to incorporate. Heat sauce until it begins to bubble, stirring constantly. Mix in the curried shrimp mixture, lower heat to medium-low, and cook until shrimp are heated through (about 5 minutes).
Gently toss steamed cauliflower and shrimp sauce together, garnish with toasted pine nuts and chopped dill, and serve.
Yield: 4 - 6 servings.